Friday, April 6, 2012

Scrapbooking my Daughter!

Good Day Everyone! 

Well it's the start of the long Holiday weekend.  Do you say Happy Good Friday?  Who knows?  Maybe it's Blessed Good Friday!  Well I was never too worried about being politically correct so why start now?

Today I want to share a page or two that I did recently.  While I am not known as a person who scrap books, I am certainly more than able to do it.  I think why I don't is because I really haven't had much reason to, or events in my life that gave me something to put into a scrap book.  But that is gradually changing.  I have two children married and my daughter is expecting in August.  Stand back and wait for the baby pictures!  I hereby promise I will do my solemn best not to bore you to tears with the new grand child.  (but since I didn't swear on a bible, I can't really promise it)

Ok here is the first page -

I saw something like this on Stampin' Connection recently and needed a jump off point so I borrowed the concept.  I made the flowers from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set and embossed them on Shimmer White card stock.  I used the re-inker spread technique.  The leaves were made with the leaf from French Foliage.  I stamped on Old Olive c/s and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I ran Whisper White c/s through the Lattice die for the Big Shot and trimmed off the corners.  I used three for this page and just cut off the excess.  The size I chose to scrap book was 8" x 8".  How am I doing?


This is page 2.  My beautiful Daughter and me.  I did use a lot of retired product here, but because this is for my use only, I am fine with that.  The paper is the retired Night and Day dsp.  It was so lovely and since DD's wedding colors were Black and White and a touch of red, it works.  I ran a border down the photo.  I used the Pinking hearts border punch.  Then I did some rolled flowers.  I used the 1 3/4" circle, the 1 3/8" circle and the 1 1/4" circle punches.  I did a photo technique to show how I did this in a previous post so look on the right hand side of the blog to find it.  I love how they turned out.  They actually look like the roses in her bouquet.

This is page three.  This makes a side by side layout.  I mirrored the layout (lazy way to do it but makes it much easier haha).  Not much stamping here but the With Love was stamped in Basic Black classic ink.  Added three more rolled roses to the top of the page.  I also added some velum butterflies to the pictures. 
I love how these pages turned out.  They are simple compared to some I have seen but the Paper and the pictures do all the talking for me.  Love it.


Here is a close up of the flowers.  I used the Build a Blossom punch for the leaves.  The card stock is Garden Green and I sponged a little on the edges and used a marker to make the veins.  I also did a little bit of trimming on the leaves.


This is a close up of the butterfly.  I stamped on the vellum and embossed it with White embossing powder.  I added three jewels to the body.  It is so light and delicate.  Reminds me of the feathers in her hair. 

So ladies that's it for today.  I have a ton of things to get finished before tomorrow.  I will share some of what I am doing but because my sis reads this blog (and contributes ALOT) I have to be careful because some of what I am doing is for Easter Sunday Dinner. 

Proud Scrapbooker hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment