Monday, November 19, 2012

Gingerbread Cookies

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger here, back from a l-o-n-g break. Did ya miss me, huh, did ya? lol

Anyway, I've decided that Kathy, my extremely hard-working sister, would appreciate me helping with her blog over the next few weeks since she's been extra busy doing Christmas Stamp-a-Stacks. (In case you don't know what that is, it's where you make 10 cards at a time: two each of five different designs. It's fun and productive, all at the same time!)

Now, before you jump to the conclusion that I am just the most wonderful sister in the world . . . which I am (lol) . . . I should note that I'm also on a high since Stampmas (the Stampin' Up version of Christmas) came last week and I have lots of new product that I'm just dying to use! :)

Anyway, even tho' I'm the type of person who starts getting ready for Christmas around the middle of December . . . really! . . . after doing a Stamp-a-Stack with Kathy on Saturday, I was inspired to make some Christmas cards today using my new product. And as Kathy always says, it's just as easy to make two cards as it is to make one!  Of course, being an over-achiever I had to make six! lol

Take a look:


This is my idea of Christmas baking: It's fast and easy . . . and there are no calories!  (Okay, never mind, I like sweets way too much and will start my baking sometime soon . . . probably around the middle of December! lol)

Anyway, this is my take on a baking sheet full of gingerbread men. Here's a close-up of one of the cards:


I used the Scentsational Season stamp set and the coordinating Holiday Collection Framelits to make the gingerbread men, and the Sassy Salutations stamp set for the sentiment.

I used Whisper White, Crumb Cake and Real Red cardstock (cs), and Chocolate Chip ink, and scored the edges of the Crumb Cake cs.

I also used scraps of Red Glimmer Paper to make two of the gingerbread men's buttons. The buttons on the middle gingerbread man are little silver half balls which, to me, looks like the stuff we used to put on Christmas cookies many years ago. I thought it was called Silver Shot but when I googled it nothing came up. so . . . I'm either wrong or it's no longer sold.

The gingerbread men are popped up on Dimensional.

So there you have it, a very simple, quick-to-do Christmas card! Yah!

Yummy hugs,
Colleen, aka the Blog Hogger

2 comments:

  1. These are super cute ! ! !

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment, Pam. I wanted to design a card that was super quick and easy to make. Glad to know that others like it too! lol

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete