Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Not a Christmas Theme!

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger, aka Kathy's sister, bringing you two get well cards. I know, I know! Get well cards are not part of the fun and excitement of Christmas, but there are still times when they are needed. And if they are needed this time of the year, I prefer to do them without using Christmas stamps.

However, if you continue to the bottom of this post, you'll be rewarded with a Christmas joke!

So, I recently made two cards using the same stamp set and colors, and just changed the main element. Take a look at both and see what you think.

Here's the first one:


Here are the details:

  1. I used Night of Navy for the main card, cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". 
  2. The Marina Mist layer is 5 1/4" x 4". I used the Sanded background stamp inked with Marina Mist to get the "scratched up" look. 
  3.  The Night of Navy strip of cardstock (cs) across the middle is 4" x 1 1/2". The Marina Mist section is 4" x 1 1/4". I also used the Sanded stamp on this piece. I took two pieces of 1/4" Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon and crossed them in a "x" shape, secured them on the back of the cs and popped up this piece using Dimensionals.
  4. The main image is popped up on double pieces (one on top of each other) of Dimensionals. The Night of Navy cs is 2 1/2" x 4". The Whisper White section is 2 1/4" x 3 3/4". I used an image from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set, coloring it using markers. I used Marina Mist for the main part of the flowers and Night of Navy for the centers. I used Certainly Celery all over the leaves and stems and then randomly touched spots with the Wild Wasabi marker to give some visual interest.
  5. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and is punched out using the Word Window punch. I backed it with a piece of Night of Navy cs punched out using the Word Window punch, and cut horizontally in half.


And here's the second card:


To get this look follow the first three instructions for the first card.

Here are the differences:

  • I used a metal "thingie" that I had from an old Hodgepodge Hardware set on the ribbon. 
  • I colored the image the same way as the first card but then punched it out using a 1 3/4" circle punch. I used the same punch for the Night of Navy that is backing the circle, cutting it first in half.
  • I used the same sentiment but punched it out using oval punches.
  • The image and sentiment are popped up on Dimensionals.
And there you have it, two cards using the same colors and stamps, but looking a bit different. Unlike when you have two children, you can always choose your favorite and mine is the second card! lol

And here's the reward for those who read . . . or at least scrolled . . . to the bottom!




For those of you feeling a little under the weather, get well hugs . . . but don't get any germs on me (lol),
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment