Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentines Are Best in Bunches!

Hi everyone!

It's the Blog Hogger, aka Kathy's sister, coming to you with three . . . count them, three . . . valentine cards! Woohoo!!! The extra good news is that they are fun and fast to do. In fact, I made all three of them last night . . . in one hour!

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have said that 'cause it might color how you look at them. See, if I'd said it had taken me three hours to make the cards you'd be thinking, "Wow! They took so much time to make that they have to be gorgeous!" But now that I've said it only took me an hour, you're probably thinking, "Seriously, an hour?! How good could they be?"

You know what? I think I'll stop my inner dialogue and just show you the cards! lol

Here's the first one:


This is for my daughter and her fiance. They have chosen to use mason jars for decoration at their upcoming marriage in July. So we have incorporated the mason jar theme into their wedding invitations . . . and I used it in their Christmas card . . . and now for their Valentine's card. Hmmm, hope they don't get sick of it before the wedding! lol

I used Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Very Vanilla cardstock. I also used the mason jar from the Perfectly Preserved stamp set, along with the coordinating Cannery Set Framelits Dies, which are still available by the way.

I embossed the Real Red section using the heart folder from the Adorning Accents Folders. I also stamped the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, and used the Word Window and Modern Label punches to make a small, but powerful, statement.

I finished the card by "filling" up the mason jar with hearts punched out from Red Glimmer Paper using the Owl Builder punch and the discontinued Heart to Heart punch. You could use the Fashionable Hearts Embosslits to achieve the same . . . and maybe even better . . . look!

And here's the second card:


This one was super-easy!

I used Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock. I embossed the Real Red section on the top and bottom using the heart folder from the Adorning Accents Folders. (So, no, it's not embossed behind the middle section.)

Then I punched out multiple hearts using the Heart to Heart punch and Red Glimmer Paper. I lined them up on the Whisper White cardstock, popping the bigger hearts up using Dimensionals.

And, BAM, the second card was finished! It's simple but I love the look!

Here's the last card I did:


Good news, ladies! This is a card suitable for the man in your life! Again, it's super simple!

I used Basic Black, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock. I stamped the tree from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set and the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes, using Stazon ink. I glued on two hearts stamped from Red Glimmer Paper using the Owl Builder punch.

I popped up the whole Real Red section using Dimensionals.

And that's it! I think it probably took you longer to read this post, than it did for me to make the cards! lol

Have a loving and laughter-filled Valentine's Day everyone!

Bunches of hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment