Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Photobombing Penguin

Hi, everyone!

It's the Blog Hogger again. I don't have any funny stories for you this time, however I do have a funny card to share with you!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a thing for Christmas penguins. This stems from some happy memories of when I was a little girl, over-excited about Christmas and Santa Claus. It was such a magical time of the year and I will always remember the year I got a large mechanical penguin! I would wind it up and it would waddle it's way across the room. I played with that penguin until the mechanism broke and the furry covering peeled back exposing its metal body!

Once I became an adult, I looked for a similar toy to no avail. Over the past few years my daughters have also looked for a penguin to surprise me with for Christmas. The closest they've been able to come was a tiny plastic one that you can wind up. When this one waddles, however, little brown candies get left "behind" . . . if you get my drift! lol It's not quite the same but I certainly appreciate it anyway. As they say, it's the thought that counts!

And now on to the card . . .

I recently saw this little penguin on Pinterest (http://mamadinis.blogspot.ca/2011/12/penguin-card.html):


He's so freaking cute and the link came with a template! Bonus! I printed off the template from my iPad but it came out much smaller than it was supposed to. (I have since printed off a copy directly from my desk top computer and it would make a 5 1/2" square card.)

I think the size worked out in my favour, however, because I ended up making this 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card:


I call it the "Photobombing Penguin" and I love it! Doesn't the main penguin look adorably annoyed at the antics of the other penguin? lol

Here's the details;
  • Cardstock: Whisper White (regular thickness for the snow, penguin pieces and iceberg and the new thick stuff for the card base), Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
  • Ink: Soft Sky (sponged in blotches for the sky and along the edges of the iceberg)
  • Dazzling Details used on the edges of the snow

I hope you enjoy looking at this card as much as I did sharing it with you.

Waddling penguin hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment