Sunday, April 10, 2016

More Blooming!

Hi there Stampers,

Welcome Springter!  Yes it is one of the seasons here in beautiful Newfoundland.  It that happy time when you are starting to feel spring like and bamm!  Snow!  Yesterday was raining and the snow was melting beautifully. 

Woke this morning to the sound of the snow plow going down the road.  Yup, I said snow plow!  Oh well you just have to go with the flow at this time of year.

But one advantage to Springter is I am able to go to my craft room and run some science projects without any guilt.  If the sun was shining and it was warm out, well I would be torn between the two.

Yesterday I worked with Botanical Blooms again.  (still haven't broken out the stamp set yet lol)  But the thinlits are amazing and I'm so glad I got them.  I needed a birthday card for a friend and was playing with Blushing Bride and this is what I came up with.  I did get the layout from Pintrest but the rest is mine. 

Here you go -

 
The card base is Blushing Bride and I ran the inside piece through the Big Shot with the Large Polka dot Folder.  I then sponged around the outside with Blushing Bride ink.  This allows the edges to stand out.  I also found the corrugated paper (page 148 Annual Catalog) that I purchased when the annual catalog came out.  It had become buried in my Designer Paper drawer.  Lol
 
I cut a piece of the Kraft coloured paper at 2 1/2" and 4 3/4" and added a Banner Cut.  The Designer Paper is from the Birthday Bouquet series Paper.  I cut this at 1/4" smaller than the corrugated paper.
 
I used the smallest flower in the Botanical Blooms thinlits and cut out three of them in Blushing Bride.  I, once again, used a sponge dauber to add the same color.  then I cut out the swirly inside in Basic Black.  Made the leaves out of Garden Green and daubed the same color on them also. 
 
I have an assortment of sequins left over from various Paper Pumpkin Kits so I thought instead of Pearls or rhinestones I would use them.  Love the effect!  The greeting is from the Cottage Greetings Stamp set (page 94 Annual Catalog) 
 
Don't you just love the colours?  So pretty! 
 
Tomorrow my science project!
 
Well that's it for me today!  Have a relaxing Sunday! 
 
Still Blooming Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment