Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Bunny!

Hi everyone!

I, your friendly neighborhood Blog Hogger, am definitely on a roll!  New product spurs my creativity and causes me to blog in spurts.  So, here's my latest card, just in time for Easter . . .



It's a version of my Window Sheet card, with a twist that Kathy suggested!  Check out the inside . . .


You can't see where I attached the Window Sheet 'cause I used the Labels Framelits Dies to cut the window sheet in the same shape and size as the Elegant Eggplant frame on the outside of the card.  Tada!!!

Now, let me explain in a little more detail what this card entails.

The Outside:

  • The card base is Certainly Celery cardstock (cs) cut at 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".
  • The So Saffron cs layer is cut at 5 1/4" x 4".
  • I ran both the front of the card and the So Saffron layer through the Big Shot using the smallest Labels Framelits Die at the same time (to make sure the holes lined up properly).
  • Then I ran the So Saffron layer through the Big Shot again using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
  • I made the Elegant Eggplant frame using the smallest and the second from the smallest Labels Framelits Dies.
  • I cut out a piece of Window Sheet using the second from the smallest Labels Framelits Die.
  • I used Mini Glue Dots to adhere the Window Sheet to the Elegant Eggplant frame and to connect that to the So Saffron layer.  (The Window Sheet is between the Elegant Eggplant frame and the So Saffron layer.)
  • I glued the So Saffron layer to the card base.
  • I made the flower using the Five Petal and Boho Blossoms punches and a brad.
  • I used the Little Leaves Sizzlit Die to make the leaves and sponged the edges with Always Artichoke ink.
  • I sponged the edges of everything I could find!  lol
The Inside:
  • The Whisper White cs layer is cut at 5 1/4" x 4".
  • I sponged Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery on the bottom right corner, leaving lots of room for a sentiment. 
  • I stamped and cut out the bunny from the Forest Friends stamp set and used Dimensionals to pop it up.
And that's it, folks!

Fuzzy bunny hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment